Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
752 Posts
Nice playing. I can see you were having fun! it was a little disconcerting when you changed performances from tenor to alto. It caught me off guard. But nice sounding group. :)

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
I really enjoyed your tone on Tenor. Is Dexter one of your influences ? Additionally can I please ask what mouthpice and reed combo you are using ?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Whatever you did to capture the sound worked well. Was it from the single mic in the middle? One of the more evenly balanced youtube videos I've heard.

·
Distinguished SOTW Researcher
2,858 Posts
Whatever you did to capture the sound worked well. Was it from the single mic in the middle? One of the more evenly balanced youtube videos I've heard.
I was about to ask the same thing. The sound quality was consistent even though you moved around quite a bit (not that there's anything wrong with that). Nice job, I enjoyed your playing, and the whole band.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow haha, Sorry, I guess a slight misunderstanding here. I'm not the guy playing the sax in the vid. When I said I made the vid I meant I produced it (Film + editing) :D. I Do play Tenor myself but not as great as Efraïm yet :D

He's really one of our dutch saxophone hero's :D. But I like that you guys like his playing too. and thanks for the feedback on the audio and vid quality. I got the sound that way with just a focusing Mic on my camera. and I use a
High deff cam.

As for your question Evan. I don't know for sure what read he was using here. I think a Vandoren, but his mouthpiece is an older Selmer C model.

Greats

JD

·
Banned
3,043 Posts
Wow haha, Sorry, I guess a slight misunderstanding here. I'm not the guy playing the sax in the vid. When I said I made the vid I meant I produced it (Film + editing) :D. I Do play Tenor myself but not as great as Efraïm yet :D

He's really one of our dutch saxophone hero's :D. But I like that you guys like his playing too. and thanks for the feedback on the audio and vid quality. I got the sound that way with just a focusing Mic on my camera. and I use a
High deff cam.

As for your question Evan. I don't know for sure what read he was using here. I think a Vandoren, but his mouthpiece is an older Selmer C model.

Greats

JD
In hindsight you did say that you made the Vid on your original post - I guess I just didnt read it properly. But yes I do like the vid especially the way you recorded it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts