Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

What would be your best avg. guess pricing on a Exc. shape (only minor scratches on bottom bow) circa 1994 Super Action 80 serie II? all orig, pads good, no repairs etc..
This is a relatives horn who bought it 10 years ago but son decided to play guitar..

thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,817 Posts
alto or tenor?

·
38,817 Posts
here in Holland between 1250 euro and 2000 (a big range, I know, but it is possible to buy altos for little money since the marketplace is littered with them)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for info...It has been sitting for a number of years in the humid south...nice solid horn, with normal very minor corrosion...no dents or major scratches..(probably need some pads + corks)
I think they will sell it cheap and I will try and re-sell on ebay or here.

·
38,817 Posts
If you can get it really cheap might be a nice little earner , but I think you know that buying is always a hell of a lot easier than selling! :) Good Luck!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK..picked it up (after the 120 mile drive---one way) sheesh!
Nice Solid horn...minor lacquer wear (still about 90%)..has the usual lacquer wear and mild corrosion around the joints and tone holes etc..(but Im also very picky) very little scratches---it was a steal---
Will need some pads replaced and a few corks...

I will clean it up a bit and selling it locally (craiglist)...If I get more pics I will post it on the Sale Forum here and give SOTW folks a break in price...
craiglist link :
http://miami.craigslist.org/msg/437571826.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts