Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Alto, C-mel, Saxie
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to hunt down a Couesnon Saxie for a while now. (My last venture led me to my Hohner Sax, which is cool in its own right.) There was one on eBay back in February, but I was strapped for cash at the time and couldn't afford the asking price. Are there any Saxie owners -- or at least someone more market-savvy than I am -- who could give me an estimate of the average going rate? I'm going to put together a budget for when the next one comes along.

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Formerly 1958SelmerMarkVI
1,503 Posts
I don't think that there is much of a "market" for them, which is not to say that they go cheap. There's so few of them out there, but also so few people looking for them, or that even know what they are, so there's not really a going price. I had one maybe 8 or 10 years ago, which I stupidly sold when I was short on money. I think I spent a couple hundred for it at a local auction, and sold it for $600 or $700. That probably doesn't really have much bearing on what one would go for now though.

·
Registered
Alto, C-mel, Saxie
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch, I was afraid of that. I've got about $600 set aside for sax-related purchases, so hopefully that will be enough when the time comes. If not, maybe they'll take installment payments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts