Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this is news that I have been sitting on for awhile. Back in June, my father and I were flown to Elkhart, IN by Conn-Selmer for the purpose of discussing their new flute project. We were brought there to sit in on design meetings and whatnot with the absolute BEST flutemaker in the modern world, Bickford Brannen (Brannen Bros. Flutes).

Bick has been a long time family friend of my father's.

Basically, Bick is designing this line of flutes to be made here in the USA, completely to his specs. What is more impressive then anything... he is doing this and not personally accepting any payment for his time. He is doing this because of his love for the industry and wanting to make sure that the intermediate American made flute stays a dominant product.

I have more information and will post it as it becomes available on my site here: http://www.kesslermusic.com/html/flutes/avantiflutes.htm

We have the very first 35 on order and will have them before anyone else.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simon Weiner said:
I just saw both models this this week in Elkhart Indiana. Very interesting. Similar to the Sonare Line (Custom head and regular body). Figure ther are about a month or little longer out or so.
I am told November 15 is a realistic delivery date. Frankly, we were Shocked that they even had the prototypes to play at the NFA convention. When we were back there in June, they all believed that they would not be able to get that up and running in time for the show...

they even pitched the idea of having a black box with a white question mark on it... and a sign saying "Coming Soon"

They are doing a lot of good things with this and we are excited. When we were there, they had just barely finished setting up their new tone hole extractor for these flutes. That factory has been notorious for un-level tone holes for a long time. The new machine did and unbelievably good job and the tubes we inspected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts