Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murphy's Law strikes again.

You post a yarn about losing and then finding a screw, only to open up the next sax and find that it's missing parts, one of which happens to be a screw.

Jupiter alto sax Model JAS 769 767

I can order a replacement from Allied but I'm sure there has to be an Australian Distributor/Supplier considering that these are more common in schools now than the Yamaha.

They're distributed here by a mob called Musical merchandisers located in Sydney.

Have any of our Aussie members had any success ordering parts from them???

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
1,530 Posts
I have had nothing but trouble with getting jupiter parts in australia, have given up on them & if I need parts I go allied....

·
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had nothing but trouble with getting jupiter parts in australia, have given up on them & if I need parts I go allied....
I just called Musical Merchandisers in Sydney.

Lovely lady Carol on the other end.

They do sell parts and you can lob in and pick them up if you're local.

You have to provide the model and serial number so they can confirm the instrument was purchased in Australia.

Over the phone, couldn't be happier with the service. Friendly and helpful.

I'll lob down early next week and report on how things go.

Pivit screws are $1 and change.

·
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your doing better than me , well done!
Dirk,

if you need a Jupiter part, now or in the future, I'd be happy to pick it up and send it to you. just let me know when you want it and what you want.

The only bummer, and it's a small one, is that the most commonly "misplaced" Jupiter part, the dreaded thumb rest adjustment screw on the Clarinets, isn't sold by itself. You have to buy the whole thumb rest assembly for $12.50

If I had a dollar for every Jupiter Clarinet that i see missing the thumb rest screw.................

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
1,530 Posts
I had a tenor neck & a low d/e/f/f# assembly for a jupiter flute that I ordered & it took like 12 & 9 months to get the parts, it was about ten or so years ago so I gues times have changed for them.Still it left me just ordering a small supply of parts when I did orders with allied to avoid going back there.......it was about 1998 or so, thats ages ago.....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
4,691 Posts
I just dont bother with ordering in australia, whilst our musical industry is growing raapidly our parts industry is incredibly lacking and way over priced. Its quicker and cheaper for me to order something from america and pay international shipping, have it delivered than it is to get something across australia. Go figure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts