Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm trying to find some pieces for an upcoming audition. I need one technical and one lyrical piece to prepare. I browsed some of the threads on here, but most seem to be suggestions written for Alto, etc. I'm looking for some good tenor pieces to play. Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate any help!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well, my suggestion depends heavily on the criteria, but if you can get away with it and you don't need accompaniment, just take an alto piece and play it as though it was written for tenor.

You could just bring a full band and play Scenes from an Italian Restaurant. That should kill two birds with one stone, and you can add in jazz to boot. ;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Do a Ferling Étude (there are 48 to choose from) for the technical piece (unaccompanied) and check out Ravel's Piece en Forme de Habanera for the lyrical piece....a tenor version is available.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello! I'm trying to find some pieces for an upcoming audition. I need one technical and one lyrical piece to prepare. I browsed some of the threads on here, but most seem to be suggestions written for Alto, etc. I'm looking for some good tenor pieces to play. Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate any help!
Would they be etudes (Ferling Etudes are amazing for that) or actual solos?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts