Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am searching for information about Cosmos sax Brand.
Anyone can plz tell me about this.
Is this a USA's Brand or not?
Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
528 Posts
New one on me. :dontknow:

Of course, just because I haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or might even be a decent instrument.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
I tried a search from my home page but nothing was listed for that brand. I've never heard of it either. I'm guessing it is just another distributor's brand put on any of a myriad of inexpensive saxophones produced in Asia outside of Japan.

If you meant to ask if COSMOS was made in the USA, I'd say no. I don't know of any saxophone manufacturing going on in the USA. Some assembly from foreign parts? Yes, but manufacturing? No, from what I know (which is admittedly not much).

If you are an experienced saxophone player and have access to a COSMOS and can play one, no harm in doing so. Who knows? It may be a player. If you don't have one handy and aren't an experienced player, I'd say seek out the more well-known inexpensive brands OR the famous pro brands. My initial reaction is that any brand name one needs to ask about may (MAY emphasized) not be worth the money. DAVE

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,840 Posts
lots of Chinese (and perhaps Vietnamese ) saxophone sport things like made under American or French technicians supervision) or say they are a USA/China joint venture........none of it is true.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much.
Now I think that horn is from China, Taiwan or Malaysia.
And it is an inexpensive sax, sure. :p

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
For only four months, you are doing fine. Time heals all and my advice would be to just keep playing. I assume you have a teacher to have gained this much ground in this short of time. DAVE

·
38,840 Posts
you are doing fine , the sound is good and will improve. Just keep on doing it everyday. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Dave and Milandro!
I joined in another forum over here of VNmese, and everybody there show me some how to play sax.
I wonder if you over here have your own videos of playing sax on Youtube like me?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
lots of Chinese (and perhaps Vietnamese ) saxophone sport things like made under American or French technicians supervision) or say they are a USA/China joint venture........none of it is true.
Ahhh... Milandro! Not Universally True! In my little outpost of progress here in Wing Ding, PRC, we have a lot of manufacturing. Goods intended for export often sport a sticker that says "Manufactured and Inspected by German Technicians" or "Manufactured Under Supervision of German Technicians" or some such thing.

I thought that such things were a lot of hooey until about a year ago when I sat at a bar next to a German man who complained bitterly about the Chinese' inability to make a real lager beer. I asked him what he did for a living. He said that he was an engineer for a local manufacturer. At that moment, his company was making Hohner harmonicas. He was involved in design and QA.

His company has since sent him to Brazil to oversee the manufacture of other goods to verify that they have been made to specs.

So, no, it isn't all just a bunch of horse hockey.

·
38,840 Posts
might be, when it comes to saxophones I think that the western advise is just a form of marketing

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
might be, when it comes to saxophones I think that the western advise is just a form of marketing
I hope to get to the bottom of this sometime within the year. I don't know who is putting the Deutschland seal of approval on their horns. I haven't seen it since the Maxtone and the Belmont. (I may have the names wrong).

I can't track down the Cosmos brand to any manufacturer.

I will have time next October to do some traveling. Until then, I'll be somewhere much cooler than the Hot Pots of China.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Wow. I just looked at the Heineken beer I just opened. (10 rmb per 750ml bottle). The back of the bottle says, " Brewed and Bottled Under Supervision of Heineken Brouwerijen B.V."

It tastes like the real thing. At some point, we just GOTTA believe.

·
38,840 Posts
yes, but that is not a saxophone

·
38,840 Posts
I am happy that we are in agreement :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts