Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I've really been into making amateur video's for some of my work.
I recently finished this one right here.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Now that's real creativity! Unique music reinforced with visuals that fit. More than several times found myself laughing out loud while watching (wife thinks I've lost it as she couldn't see or hear what was going on, just me laughing without apparent cause).

You must have an enormous vault of visuals to draw from. Really liked the sync of music and visuals that changed in tempo and reinforced the "attitude" of the music. Also caught your reoccurring themes: circus; Zappa; and fifties images.

Hope others appreciate what a gem this is and how much work it must have been.

Many thanks. Really enjoyed and will probably come back and put this on many times in the future when I need a smile.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Wade, and I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of it.
Yes, they do take some time to do but I really get into them once I start.
In fact I've already created a video for a friend of mine, Henry Tarnecky, who has done many vocal tracks for me.
Evolution of the Sun is a great example.

He belongs to group TCP (Temporalchaos.com)

If you like, on my video page below, I recently created a video for a piece I wrote entitled Prove It.
No saxophone on it.

Thank you Wade!

·
Registered
38 Posts
haha this is awesome! I find it hilarious. and not hilarious as in "wow this is bad" but hilarious as the same way a movie can be hilarious. It reminded me of the same way some of lester youngs solo's were hilarious. I especially like the part where there was the saxophone guy interspersed with hits of non-sequitor images. good job.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I enjoyed that!!!! you did really work in the circus didn't you:smilebox:.. is there any self portrait in there???

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Yeah! Okay! Great music. Visuals were a bit spotty in that it didn't always reflect the seriousness of the composition.(They were well-done though).

How about telling us something about the players and the composer. (I assume that you're the composer). I really love what you did in the harmonies, the voicing and the counterpoint. I would enjoy hearing a LOT more.

Really.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very much seerskater, sirspinbad, dshook, jicaino, Wagspdx, DanPerezSax, Bloo Dog! Very much appreciated!

Bloo Dog, yes I did write it and all the sax parts were done by myself. Some orchestrated and some improvised. Thank you once again!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The recording was a real turn-on. I listened to it again! I'll watch for more of your stuff.

I think I'd like to hear some of the grooves last a lot longer.

Nice harmony.

I'd like to hear some more bottom for a grittier sound. You know, that FWAP BOP from a bari sax. As far as the alto parts, they're pretty good. They stand out.

Take a listen to Quincy Jones' soundtrack to "The Pawn Broker". It might give you some ideas (not that your work sounds much like his, but it will give you some ideas for texture). You can alter the sounds by moving one of the horns to a more acoustically live area and really change the feeling considerably.

You're going somewhere with your music. I want to hear it go and grow. PM me when your next work comes out. I your kind of music.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The recording was a real turn-on. I listened to it again! I'll watch for more of your stuff.

I think I'd like to hear some of the grooves last a lot longer.

Nice harmony.

I'd like to hear some more bottom for a grittier sound. You know, that FWAP BOP from a bari sax. As far as the alto parts, they're pretty good. They stand out.

Take a listen to Quincy Jones' soundtrack to "The Pawn Broker". It might give you some ideas (not that your work sounds much like his, but it will give you some ideas for texture). You can alter the sounds by moving one of the horns to a more acoustically live area and really change the feeling considerably.

You're going somewhere with your music. I want to hear it go and grow. PM me when your next work comes out. I your kind of music.
My friend, I do appreciate your enthusiasm for this work. I'm glad you got something out of it.
Actually, this piece was written for 4 tenor saxophones, which is all I own. I do own an alto which is inoperable and a flute which I rarely play.
To be perfectly honest I very rarely alter anything I write once it's done. Also I'm not going anywhere! lol. There's no market for this type of music and I never thought along those lines
which enabled me to write exactly how I want to write.
My work is a personal passion and it's not relegated to playing the saxophone. If you ever have the chance to go over my webpage you'll see there are some works with
no saxophone.
Incidentally, presently I rarely pick up my horn and if I do it's just to blow some dust out of it. Since Dec 2010 I've focused my energies on learning to play acoustic guitar
which I've grown quite fond of. The saxophone, once again, has taken a back seat.

I appreciate the support you have shown. My webpage is always open to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts