·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Fine article: thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Mike T. where is that quote taken from?

There’s a wicked wind still blowing on that upper deck; There’s an iron cross still hanging from around her neck;
There’s a marching band still playing in that vacant lot, Where she held me in her arms one time and said, “Forget me not.”

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
It's from "Señor (Tales of Yankee Power)," by Bob Dylan. It's a great song, if almost forgotten.

Dylan himself isn't always the best interpreter of his own compositions: my favourite rendition of this one is by the Jerry Garcia Band, recorded live at the Warfield, San Francisco, April 15, 1990. Even if you don't like the Grateful Dead, have a listen to the JGB from this era — a totally different vibe, with some of JG's greatest work.

You'l find it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=830_e6tD8Fw. Clarence Clemons played many entire shows with the JGB around this time: unfortunately this wasn't one of them, which is why I didn't embed this YouTube clip here on SotW. But it's a fine performance all the same.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It's from "Señor (Tales of Yankee Power)," by Bob Dylan. It's a great song, if almost forgotten.

Dylan himself isn't always the best interpreter of his own compositions: my favourite rendition of this one is by the Jerry Garcia Band, recorded live at the Warfield, San Francisco, April 15, 1990. Even if you don't like the Grateful Dead, have a listen to the JGB from this era — a totally different vibe, with some of JG's greatest work.
+1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts