Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Woa!!!!!!!!

You guys catch this.......

"Carly Simon
The singer has had such a hard time with stage fright that she has at times poked herself in the hand with safety pins. On one memorable occasion that she recounted to The New Yorker's John Lahr, she asked her entire band's horn section to spank her just before the curtain rose."

Talk about job perks for the horn section!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is my whole problem. Proof positive that I'm my own worst enemy. I never thought about it the way the article puts it, either. Thanks for posting.

·
Forum Contributor 2010, Distinguished SOTW Member
5,076 Posts
"The fear of public speaking or performing is more than anything a fear of being eaten."

Well, isn't THAT obvious????

However, that thing about the snake in the other thread? Definitely going too far.

but hey, I bet that snake was just shaking!

·
SOTW Interviews/Editor, Distinguished SOTW Member,
1,186 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2010, Distinguished SOTW Member
5,076 Posts
It all comes back to me now. Thanks, Chris.

Glad my hippo passed muster! But not gas.:shock: :cool:

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
I thought my post on this thread was reasonable and in no way a personal attack. The agent provocateur "le enfant terrible," seemed to have an "idee fixe" re: fear and violence. I thought to post a reply, just a short "billet doux" if you will, in my usual, sunny, "No worries mate. She'll be right," style, just to balance things out and offer an alternative to the doom and gloom. Perhaps it was just the Aussie sense of humor got lost in the translation non?

I thought it was all pretty tame. The Mods, in their infinite wisdom, know best. Despite their long history of laziness and inattention, thinly disguised as "laissez-faire", :D ;) they've deleted the entertainment value from this thread. C'est la vie.
The personal attack in response to my post, wasn't so bad either, although the insults lacked a certain "je ne sais quoi?" I think juvenile. and totally lacking in "savoir faire", are the terms I'm looking for. I didn't take the bait and respond, which proves even an old dog can learn new licks.
I could, in my newfound Francophillic style, bemoan the lack of a courtesy PM letting a person know that their posts have been guillotined, and why?
But considering that they probably did all this pruning and weeding, at least in part, to save me from being shamed as a flatulent, no playing, chien, and that it is now a "fait accompli", I'll pardon the oversight with a gallic shrug.

Indeed to avoid further issues, I've decided to become a temporary French citizen, for the duration of the World Cup at least. Lots of rich food, good wine and no showers. :D

"Vive la France, Vive la Forum, and Go you bloody Wallabies!"

...and God bless the Moderators. :D ;) :D :D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,016 Posts
Dog Pants said:
Indeed to avoid further issues, I've decided to become a temporary French citizen, for the duration of the World Cup at least. Lots of rich food, good wine and no showers. :D

...and God bless the Moderators. :D ;) :D :D
Are you now Brown dog pants?

·
3,764 Posts
I believe "nez brun" is the way we French would say it. :D

Strewth!

Kim will have a fit when she reads my butchering of the French language. ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,016 Posts
Fortunately your current avatar is already sort of French in a Monty Python sort of way.

·
3,764 Posts
Reedsplinter said:
Je ne sais pas chien.

What's a garlic shrug? Do vampires do it?

I know banana slug. . . .

I dunno, but have you noticed that you can say anything in French and it sounds sexy? I reckon you could read out the phone book in French and it'd sound sexy.
Try doing that in Russian, or God forbid, German.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts