Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
He sounds the best I've heard him in years...is that the AL3 setup he's on? If so, I'm surprised how much projection he gets...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
He sounds the best I've heard him in years...is that the AL3 setup he's on? If so, I'm surprised how much projection he gets...
Arno pretty much sounds like Arno on anything. I hear a tiny bit of the "AL3-ness" though, his tone has gotten just a smidge brighter and more spread since his S80 days.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
Very nice clips! Thanks.

At first glance I thought he was playing with a blindfold though! :faceinpalm:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the first video I've seen where Mr. Bornkamp is seated on a stool. I've never had the pleasure of seeing him perform live, however. I have noticed that he wears some sort of headband in recent videos. A ninja headscarf, obviously!

I've tried wearing one....but it doesn't seem to help.:wink:

·
Registered
205 Posts
He sweats a lot during performances and want to avoid the sweat dripping into his eyes, he explained some years ago in a dutch tv program. And yes, he sounds fabulous and i don't think that is because of the choice of mpc and I think he does a great job in promoting the instrument. I believe he is also a wonderful person, although I don't know him in person, but that is what I hear other people say. So for me, all in all, he is top of the world nr 1.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I've seen him in recital 3 times, and one of those three he was seated. It made sense. He was playing "salon music", and explained that the setting feels more relaxed and intimate when the chamber musicians are seated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts