Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Enveloped by Jenni Watson, commissioned by The Saxophone Academy and funded by Key Leaves, Inc. is a new classical piece for solo saxophone. It was written for the wider saxophone community as most new saxophone compositions are often written for virtuoso caliber players. @Wallace and The Saxophone Academy have taken a welcome step towards advancing saxophone popularity.

I am working on the first movement of this composition, but my arthritic fingers are slowing my progress on the more challenging areas. To help motivate me I decided to throw together a digital production of the movement using english horn since my saxophone MIDI instruments are so bad. If you are working on this movement you might be interested in listening to this as well.

https://soundcloud.com/joannp38%2Fenveloped-movement-i

Reactions: Wallace

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thank you! Birds as invited by composer add a lovely ambience.
If you find Dr. Sue Fancher's demo (probably on soprano?) please post it here too.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Birds as invited by composer add a lovely ambience.
If you find Dr. Sue Fancher's demo (probably on soprano?) please post it here too.
I don't know that it's been posted yet, but neither do I know where Dr. Fancher might post it. I'm hoping it will be to the Saxophone Academy website or maybe on YouTube. If I see it I will be sure to link it to this thread. I like the birds too. Nature as a backing track. I like it!

Reactions: Wallace
1 - 6 of 6 Posts