Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been the proud owner of a Borgani Jubilee tenor for years. For certain things things this horn cannot be beat. Out of curiosity I wanted to see how much they are selling for new these days. I almost couldn't find one for sale new online, but I think they have some at Ishimori in Japan.

It looks like they don't even have dealers selling them in the USA, France, or England. Does anyone know what is happening with the Borgani company?

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
They seem to be alive and kicking

Video in Italian

Call them and ask to talk to Mr. Orfeo

Borgani Prof. Orfeo S.n.c. di Orfeo Borgani & C.
Via Ancona, 6/8
62100 Macerata Italy
Tel. +39 0733.237 585
Fax +39 0733.237 380
P.IVA 01094920434
e-mail [email protected]
web site www.borgani.com

this is a list of dealers around the world

http://www.borgani.eu/it/dealers/

This the USA dealers

RAYBURN MUSICAL INSTRUMENT CO.
238 Huntington Ave. - Boston, MA 02115 (U.S.A.)
Tel. +1 617 266 4727, Fax +1 617 266 1973
www.rayburnmusic.com

Distinguished SOTW Member.
The video is from 2 years ago.
And to be honest... Borgani is not true (as the reporter states) the only saxophone manufacturer in Italy.

Since Brian Stevenson is died, Sax-ccessories is no longer in activity...

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
Borgani has never been well distributed in the US - Robertos's, Sax-cessories, and Tenor Madness, are the only dealers that I know to have carried them.

It may come as a surprise, but just because Borgani are not sold in the US, does not mean that the company has closed shop. There is a WORLD outside the US.

http://www.borgani.eu/en/dealers/

Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
It looks like they don't even have dealers selling them in the USA, France, or England.
Not true. Rafael Navarro is representing them in the USA. Check out his Facebook page (not the website, which doesn't seem to have been updated for some time now)
They are alive and growing stronger!

just because Borgani are not sold in the US, does not mean that the company has closed shop. There is a WORLD outside the US.
Some people tend forget about this :)

well, in a few days there will be the NAMM show maybe the will take part ( I don鈥檛 know if they usually do) so if some folks here are going it will be nice of the to ask around.

If in doubt, pick up the phone and Monday morning phone Italy. If the phone rings and nobody picks up you鈥檒l know , if they pick up you ask about where to buy a horn.

+39 0733.237 585

Registered
..as many sax are not distributed in Italy, L.A. Sax for example.
I live near the Borgani's plant and I visited it last month for a service on my soprano saxophone, they're working.

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
If in doubt, pick up the phone and Monday morning phone Italy. If the phone rings and nobody picks up you鈥檒l know , if they pick up you ask about where to buy a horn.

+39 0733.237 585
What?! Don't you know that Monday is a holiday in the US? :twisted:

well, in a few days there will be the NAMM show maybe the will take part ( I don鈥檛 know if they usually do) so if some folks here are going it will be nice of the to ask around.
I have spoken to Rafael Navarro several times about this, he will have several Borgs on display at his booth at NAAM later this month.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It may come as a surprise, but just because Borgani are not sold in the US, does not mean that the company has closed shop. There is a WORLD outside the US.
[/url]
To be sure I did not say anything about the company closing shop. I am merely wondering (as are others on this forum) why he company no longer has horns available in the USA or England or France. These are obviously some of the biggest markets and are places where the great saxophonists perform and buy gear.

Maybe they don't need to sell more horns, but it would be nice to see them more available.

Borgani is a small company, they have 12 people working there and don鈥檛 make more than 300 pieces per year (this is what the speaker says in the video , they probably got this information from Borgani directly).

Although they surely need customers, especially in these difficult ( Difficult FOR EVERYBODY) times, they might not have enough saxophones to sell to more dealers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad I got one when I did! I just wish I'd tried a few when I was at Roberto's a few years ago. I wonder what they are selling for new these days?

again, on monday morning, 10 AM Italian time, phone them, they will be happy to tell you

I鈥檝e just spoken to Mr. Orfeo Borgani, (miracles of modern technique!) and he is alive and well :) his factory is celebrating this year the 142nd year of activity. He told me that last november there was a tour of the factory open to the fans, the press and the public, which saw Joe Lovano taking part to it.

Registered
For NAMM 2014 visitors who are interested in Borgani saxophones, this information might be useful:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Navarro-Saxophone-Products/329856603750514

Booth 2604

If anyone goes there (I wish I could), please share your thoughts here!
Hi Jlima.

Are you no longer using a Borgani ? There is cause for concern here amongst Borgani fans. There is no U.K dealership now. If Borgani are trying to sell a 鈧3000 + horn ...purely online, then I think they are inviting speculation.

Registered
Borgani doesn鈥檛 sell only on line, find the dealer鈥檚 list here

http://www.borgani.eu/it/dealers/
Hi Milandro. Not much point to doing that for me or for anyone that I may recommend them to. As they are all thousands of miles away, so even if they have one in stock " most of them don't seem to have any listed " it still results in buying blind.

Would you happen to know how things look for Borgani shopping at saxcompany.nl ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts