Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
Despite the desperate attempt to look good, no they are fakes.

Yamaha, to my knowledge, doesn’t sell flutes with white gloves.

However the Yamaha Flute YFL- 211 is extremely popular, BUT the majority of beginners abandons fulte playing quickly so the secondhand market is saturated by hordes of these flutes. In the Netherlands they are easily bought starting from €200-250 in near new state.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,385 Posts
've gotten many students used 225s or Trevor James TJ3s for under 250. Great horns for beginners K
Despite the desperate attempt to look good, no they are fakes.

Yamaha, to my knowledge, doesn’t sell flutes with white gloves.

However the Yamaha Flute YFL- 211 is extremely popular, BUT the majority of beginners abandons fulte playing quickly so the secondhand market is saturated by hordes of these flutes. In the Netherlands they are easily bought starting from €200-250 in near new state.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The white gloves and the mangled English in the title "211S hard with in Beautiful box" is the giveaway. I suspect the pictures are a real Yamaha flute.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,133 Posts
I believe the current model is the YFL-222.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,003 Posts

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
I believe the current model is the YFL-222.
Not really... There are several "current" models. (USA dealers typically offers a quite limited range.)

The difference between the centre digit 1 & 2 is that "1" indicates has a split E. (They both have off-set G and covered keys)
Split E is a popular feature outside USA, from student to professional flutes, although it does put the price up.
I guess USA has never had much of a romance with Split E because it can be a mechanical disaster in conjunction with an "In-line G" (allowing the mechanism to jam for certain note changes, and USA has for a long time had an irrational romance with In-line G.
If the model had In-line G then the centre digit would be 8 or 9. I've never seen this in a student flute.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,133 Posts
Makes sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts