Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously.
Now, I know almost nobody elses phone number because of presets on modern phones mean once we input the number we never actually press it again.
But seriously, other than people with severe learning disabilities or someone who just moved or got a new number, who doesnt know there own phone number?

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
It took me about two years to remember my cell number. For me, it depends on the number combo.

I do, however, remember my phone number(s) from when I was a kid.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Seriously.
Now, I know almost nobody elses phone number because of presets on modern phones mean once we input the number we never actually press it again.
But seriously, other than people with severe learning disabilities or someone who just moved or got a new number, who doesnt know there own phone number?
I wasn't being flippant when I said that.

I've seen more than one occasion where guys who have cell phones only can't remember their own number.

And the way to give someone your number today is to call them right away and your number is in their phone.

I know it sounds crazy but it's happening.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Seriously.
I don't know my own cell number because it rings at the same time my land line rings so I don't ever have to give it out. Phil

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
It took me about two years to remember my cell number. For me, it depends on the number combo.

I do, however, remember my phone number(s) from when I was a kid.
I remember my number as a kid. It had 2 letters and four numbers.

Heck I'm old enough to remember party lines when you would ask someone to get off the phone so you could use it.

And if they didn't then you would just listen to their conversation. Now that was fun.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Forgot to add......

I know my wife's cell number but have to think about mine. I don't call myself as much as I used to......

·
2,853 Posts
For a long time I had a phone number with the same last four digits as the last four digits of my social security number. It was difficult to forget my phone number. But come on........ it seems I have to give my number out to so many people from so many different branches of my life that it would be impossible to forget my phone number.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Our phone rings maybe once or twice a day. On the rare days that it rings 5 or 6 times, I start yelling, 'what is this--Grand Central Station?'

I don't carry business cards. I just tell people my name, and that my number's in the phone book. No, really, it IS in the phone book.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Our phone rings maybe once or twice a day. On the rare days that it rings 5 or 6 times, I start yelling, 'what is this--Grand Central Station?'

I don't carry business cards. I just tell people my name, and that my number's in the phone book. No, really, it IS in the phone book.
What's a phone book?

·
2,312 Posts
After ten years or so I still haven't memorized my cell number. But I don't use it much. I can still remember my phone number from when I was a kid fifty years ago.

·
2,144 Posts
I still USE the same number from when I was a kid. It's been the same number for 46+ years. I had the account changed to my name when my father passed away in 1979. I've had other numbers when I lived in other places, but I've always kept this one as a "home base". Heck...I even remember most of the bank account numbers I've ever had...even one that I only had for about 6 months 25 years ago. I also remember the Social Security numbers of some of my old Army buddies because in those days the Social Security number was part of the address when you were sending mail to military personnel. It's strange that I can remember things like that, but can't remember what I had for dinner unless it "repeats" on me.

·
2,144 Posts
I'm smort. I even know my SS number.
This is totally off the wall...but every time I see the location on your profile I get a craving for a "slice" from Brooklyn Pizzeria. Don't know if you've ever tried them, but a couple of my buddies own the Brooklyn Pizzeria chain in NC. Unfortunately, they don't have one down here in "ILM", but I always stop by for a slice when I visit the VA hospital in Fayetteville.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts