·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these out in the market?

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
THANKS! any initial reactions? I thought the tenor signatures worked pretty well with my hard rubber piece but sounded terrible on my metal Barone...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
THANKS! any initial reactions? I thought the tenor signatures worked pretty well with my hard rubber piece but sounded terrible on my metal Barone...
Yes. I use the Signature cut Legere on Alto and clarinet. I ordered the soprano reeds in a comparable strength to the cane reeds I use which based on my experience with the alto and clarinet reeds was a #3. I was disappointed. They are very soft.
Either they were labeled incorrectly or there is a production problem. I haven't had a chance to contact Legere about this.

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Martinm5862--that's good to know about the strength...which strength did you choose and for which mouthpiece? I normally play around a 2.5 blue box on soprano...i think a 2.5 for them should be similar...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2012
3,095 Posts
I discovered them recently and use them on alto (n°2.5 on a HR Meyer 7M) and Bb clarinet (n°3 on a Vandoren 5JB). Didn't check them on soprano, as I'm happy with Fibracells and Fiberreeds on that horn.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Martinm5862--that's good to know about the strength...which strength did you choose and for which mouthpiece? I normally play around a 2.5 blue box on soprano...i think a 2.5 for them should be similar...
Yes, it should be. I was using a 2-1/2 blue box or 3-1/4 Gonzalez on soprano. A #3 signature should have not been very soft.
On alto I was using a V12 #3 and the Signature #3 was usually slight hard. These are easy to adjust.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
Thanks guys, very nice to know. I tried a signature clarinet reed on soprano. It worked fine, but was not as comfortable to play as a real sop reed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Since no one answered the question here, lol, the Signature Sopranos are great! Very crisp, clean response. Soaring highs! Clean lows. I actually go 1/4 size larger than the cane reed I'd been on previously. I never looked back!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts