Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2015-2016
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think after using practically everything for alto I found the one I was looking for . The Beechler metal ARB .The closest to it that I liked were the dukoffs and metal bellites .close but the ARB is the one that does it for me. These can be played really bright or mellow . they subtone really well.I record myself with different mouthpieces all the time and for the first time I was pretty happy with the metal ARB .Im thinking about trying the tenor version and was wondering if anybody liked these or had any experience with them .I seem to recall trying one a long time ago and liking the sound but remembered that it wanted to go further up the sax neck to play in tune.I didnt want to ruin the cork for all my other mouthpieces (probably should have)any input would be appreciated.

·
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right .the regular bellites play good .especially the alto bellites. Ive had a few for tenor that were ok (one was really good)but I was asking about the ARB tenors.wondering if anybody had a comment on these? hey if you everv decide to sell that bellite 6 tenor or want a bellite 6 alto mouthpiece for it id do a trade. thanks

·
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your input peter.I am trying a ARB 6 on tenor too.havnt tried it yet .but if your interested in selling that ARB 5 alto I sent you a p.m.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts