Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find Sheet and transcriptions for this caind of music?
I need for oreintal belly dance for playing with oriental drooms?

Thank you

·
Registered
616 Posts
Do you want the commercial or the 'artistic' type of Arabic music?

I can probably provide you with some Charbel Rouhana or Marcel Khalifeh leadsheets. The commercial type these days is mostly a rip-off of Turkish, Greek, or Eastern European traditional music.

Are you in the Arab World? Because I want to know if I should give you explanations for some unusual symbols used in writing out Arabic music (believe it or not, the Western method doesn't cover all the bases).

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting a hold of some of these as well. I am not in the Arab world and already play a fair amount of Turkish, Greek, and Eastern European musics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.
I'm new (6 months) not only with Arabian music but with sax in general ( I play drums in local brass band).
Yes i would like to tray yours suggestions ( everything ) and maybe something specify for belly dancers.

I was fascinated by Rimsky-Korsakov Scheherazade.

·
Registered
616 Posts
http://www.cyberegypt.com/music.htm

These are midi files of the most commercial Arabic music there is. You'll definitely have bellydancers shakin' it to this. There are some fairly easy ways to make sheet-music out of midi files. You can open them with Finale, and extract the parts and then transpose for saxes, trumpets, etc....

I'm sorry I couldn't just get you some sheet music. I have a friend who has tons of books and I wanted to scan them, but he's in Tunisia for a month. Maybe after he comes back if you're still interested.

About Rimsky-Korsakov Scheherazade, that's just a Western attempt at Arabic music. It's not really like that. It draws from the feel of Arabic music, but isn't built or structured anything like the real deal.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

·
Banned
624 Posts
I downloaded fark.mid and sent it to my friend.

He said, "that conjured up some rather unpleasant mental images." :| (referring to
explicit video material, or something like that...:D)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts