Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
When I auditioned for Berklee, I played Inner Urge with a backing track and played duo with one of the judges (on piano) on a tune I got to pick (Body and Soul). You should play standards you are most comfortable with. I would not recommend going in with a blues as your prepared unless that is your truly best. The duo portion is the time when they ask to play a tune with you. I think I remember them recommending a blues, but instead I chose a ballad to hopefully impress them more. They also make you sing and clap different melodies and rhythms. Don't forget sight reading.

I won't get into details but I got accepted with a pretty decent scholarship. I auditioned recently(within the last 2 years).

If I were you, I would wait till at least more than half the tuition is covered by free money(scholarships/grants). The school is incredibly expensive, but nobody ever tells you how expensive living in Boston alone is. You can always keep applying every semester until you get the amount you need. I've known several people that do this and it really does work. It just takes a lot of time. Give yourself more time to shed and get to the level you need to be at. If this is truly what you want, you will have plenty of patience and enough motivation to stay at it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts