Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know your experiences with these two services, and specifically the search function. I tested Apple Music for a couple of months and am now doing a trial of Spotify. When working on a new tune, I like to listen to many versions of the tune. When I tried Apple Music I would search for (as an example) "Green Dolphin Street" and get one screen/page of results, when I know there are literally hundreds or possibly even thousands of versions available. When I do the same in Spotify, I get pages upon pages of results (as I would expect it to be).

Has anyone else noticed this issue with Apple Music?

For the record, I am pretty old school. I still prefer to buy a CD (preferably directly from the artist if available/something relatively recent), but I am finding the streaming option very helpful for discovering and checking out new music in the first instance and, as I said, for listening to many versions of a tune while learning it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The best that I’ve found is the Amazon service. I got it with the Prime subscription, and then upgraded to the $10/mo version, and there is a ton of stuff, a very good archive of music. I listen to a lot of old and obscure stuff, and there’s only been a very few times when a search came up short. I don’t know if there is a fee for the other services, but I’m pretty happy with this one.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,590 Posts
Anybody else want to chime in? I have found that the search function is not very good in either.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I use Spotify. A couple of years ago I used Deezer but changed to Spotify. I use Apple products but not their services.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts