Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
667 Posts
The outer labeling on the case is definitely non Selmer, and the"S" on the octave key in the first picture is barely readable, and where is the blue color background of the S?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,416 Posts
I tell you what, they're getting better and better. I would actually like to play that horn to satisfy my curiosity. The engraving, polish and lacquer look really good.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,031 Posts
That serial number engraving is typical of China. Even though it is a fake, if it is in the $300 range and you are not planning on selling it, you may have a decent horn with a few adjustments.

·
2,294 Posts
That serial number engraving is typical of China. Even though it is a fake, if it is in the $300 range and you are not planning on selling it, you may have a decent horn with a few adjustments.
Except that it's unethical and possibly illegal to buy/own a fake. Copy, no problem. Fake, different story.......

·
Registered
925 Posts
This is the super action I found on Aliexpress, serial also ending also with 798 LOL

https://ibb.co/dyAXC8

I answered my own question
If it's on Aliexpress, it's fake.

And garbage.

There was a Reddit thread on one of the saxophone subs where people were getting into arguments about these horns. They are 100% not freakin' Selmers. Hell, Aliexpress also sells "brand new" 5 digit mark VIs.

·
14,268 Posts
I totally agree with Mike F. Anything bearing a maker's name that wasn't made by that maker is counterfeit - illegal on its face, unacceptable at any price. DAVE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts