Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I have Buescher Big B, Tenor S/N 296500, and am considering selling it. Dave at Junkdude set it up several months ago and I can not imagine a nicer horn. It has all the snap-ins and the springs are in great shape.. The pads are like new. The laquer is about 98% and a very cool honey color. Definately original. The intonation is spot on from top to bottom. It has no dents , dings or repairs and it just plain rocks.
Do you guys think there would be much interest in this sax? For like..say...six figures? L0L What do ya'll think is fair?

Desi

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sigh.......I guess its because not ALL of us are perfect. Its a Tenor.....do u care or are you just being a snob? BTW the S/N is a tell.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked...there arent any in this condition available.....there havent been any comperable horns for sale for a while. They dont seem to last long .....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Al.....I see that being a Snob is not intentional....you are what you are.
And the six figures was a joke.....I know what its worth. Could you try and be a little more civil?
Sheesh.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This horn is most definitely the best horn I have. (Dave it’s a small bell) I also have a Martin Troubadour Alto that’s from 1932. There is really no problem other than seeing it sit in its stand day after day as I trudge off to work or out of town on business. I manage to play it 3 or 4 times a week on average I guess. I am currently “between ensembles” so selling it is a thought that has been germinating for a few months. It’s just a shame to see it sit. I imagine you are right…..horns like this don’t come around very often and I would kick myself for selling it. Seller’s remorse has to be as bad as buyer’s remorse. Thank you all for your advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts