Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2011
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His web site has been down for a few days, and I'm getting his answerphone when I try to call.

(As well as my concern for his welfare, he's making a mpc for me ;) )

·
Forum Contributor 2010, Distinguished SOTW Member
5,076 Posts
rogerb40uk said:
His web site has been down for a few days, and I'm getting his answerphone when I try to call.

(As well as my concern for his welfare, he's making a mpc for me ;) )
I spoke to him about 3 weeks ago; he was fine then, very "up" in fact. We had a good long talk, about mouthpieces and about photography. However, the website was up then too.

·
5,076 Posts
Grumps: what web address did you use? I've been trying to get on Ron's site all morning with no success (I've accessed it many times in the past). Maybe he moved it?

·
5,076 Posts
Yes, that seems to be a new address, or different from the one that pops up immediately on Google if you search for "Ron Coelho Mouthpiece." It also appears to be spiffed up a tad since last I accessed it. In fact, I now recall than when I was talking to Ron about photography he mentioned something about some changes to the web site.

Thanks, Grumps!

·
5,076 Posts
Yep. But it used to work. At least, Googling Ron and linking to his site used to work; maybe that address got changed somehow.

Someone should make Ron aware of this, as it could cost him business (as if he didn't have enough already).

·
Administrator Emeritus
2,879 Posts
CountSpatula said:
Oh...weird link...four 3-digit numbers as a website seems weird.
Haven't checked the link, but it's likely his hosting IP address. Assuming that he changed his hosting, it can take a little while for the DNS stuff to catch up.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,017 Posts
I spoke with Ron today and he has upgraded his web service. What had happened is an old numerical link (http://216.149.106.115/) which had sent folks to his site (www.saxmpc.com) from Google, didn't make the switch over. He's aware of the problem and it's getting worked out accordingly.

He's planning on redoing his site soon. Might want to keep an eye on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts