Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone recognize this r&c??...-im not sure about th finish, but to me it looks like someone actually tried spray painting it or something...it certainly could use some love and something makes it very appealing to me -but i don't really know much of r&c, so i was wondering if anyone could tell me something about its quality , sound and whatever you know :)

Thanks
John
View attachment 1608

View attachment 1609

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is this a unique saxophone then??

60 views and no one so far able to comment on this saxophone...

stay tuned as the mystery unravels....:shock:

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Unlike Selmer, the name RC has only recently become known in the US. Judging from the way it looks, this is a vintage RC horn alright.

You can try to email some pics of the horn to [email protected] and see if the company can identify it for you.

How does it play? Or you don't have the horns in your hands?

·
2,664 Posts
I should add that, like Borgani, not many players know the brand RC because it is usually more expensive than other brands.

·
2,664 Posts
In other words, they can't afford RC, so they cannot experience and comment on them.

Sorry about the interrupted phrases (thoughts).

·
Registered
706 Posts
I really do not think that vintage rampone saxes have any conection at all with modern ones.. at least from my experience

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the replies...-sems this one might be a hard nut to crack...-i haven't touched the actual horn ...-just seen it advertised over the internet, not very exensive even...-just about 400 $ ...-so I was kinda wondering whether i should give it a go or not...
:)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,960 Posts
Yellowhornblower said:
I should add that, like Borgani, not many players know the brand RC because it is usually more expensive than other brands.
Or, like Borgani, only recently entered the realm of crafting pro horns and all their earlier horns were not highly considered.

Got a serial number?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts