Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a YTS 875 EX back in December, and I have decided that out of the three Ex's that I own, this horn is by far my favorite. I'm just curious if anyone else out there has bought, or spent a good deal of time with one of these horns, and what they think of them...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
I'm very happy with mine. Not quite the sound of a Selmer tenor, but I like the "feel" better........:)

·
4,370 Posts
and they do usually play well out of the box....unlike some frenchies...;)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Joe, did you snag that RC Bari off ebay about 10 days ago? There was one for a $3500 BIN that was perfect.... just curious.

Steve P

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
Joe Jazz said:
...but not why I traded in my Keilwerths for Yamaha's...
I actually directly traded my JK Model Ponzol Tenor for a silver 'Z' tenor...never looked back

·
4,370 Posts
Steve P said:
Joe, did you snag that RC Bari off ebay about 10 days ago? There was one for a $3500 BIN that was perfect.... just curious.

Steve P

Now Steve, you know that curiosity killed the cool kat sax player........
if memory serves me that bari had a $3,995 BIN.........but the lucky dog got it for $3,500 including shipping......not a bad deal considering what Taiwanese bari's go for these days......I can't remember which of my six(lost one earlier this year)dogs won it, but it 's supposed to arrive Tuesday........;)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Thought so!!! I almost jumped on that one as well, but I just bought a back up 875 alto that I am doing some custom work on.

Enjoy the RC Beast!
Steve P

·
4,370 Posts
Thanks Steve! With my back problems I have no business owning a bari, but I'm hoping if I take better care of myself I can play it once in a while........I just couldn't pass on such a bargain!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts