Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
852 Posts
Check their description:

POWERBELL SOPRANO – SS4290 – Antigua Winds

Apparently the soprano Powerbell has nothing to do with the bell size and shape. Their enlarged bell design are only applied to Alto, Tenor and Bari.

There are some posts about the comparison between SS4290 and SS3286 here if you do some research (they were used to call S590 and S586). But just don't choose the SS3282 (one piece) model because some reported that intonation is not good on 3282 (Even Dave Kessler backs this statement).

· Registered
852 Posts
I ended up bidding on a ss3286lq yesterday and got it for a little over 600. I think this was a great deal and should be all I'll ever need being a mediocre hobbyist. I was tempted to bid on the pro one but this is less than half the price and for me should be great. I'll report back when I get it. I've been playing the Eastar sop so I'm thinking this will be a big step up. The Eastar is a very solid build and looks great but I struggle to get the palm keys and the notes above middle G don't sound that great to me (could all be me who knows).
That’s really a great price! You will be surprised the difference between the Antigua and your Eastar sop. Antigua soprano may not have the same build quality with big 4 but the response/intonation are no lose. I am sure that you will get palm keys speak more easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts