Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Antigua Powerbell tenor-Otto Link NY ,Vito Alto -Gigliotti Spectrum, Antigua sop- Morgan 4
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there really is a bigger bell versus their 3000 series. I know there is a high G which I don't really care about and some extra engraving.

· Registered
Antigua Powerbell tenor-Otto Link NY ,Vito Alto -Gigliotti Spectrum, Antigua sop- Morgan 4
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, it's good to know about the one piece. I read somewhere that the sop powerbell has a bigger bell but others saying no so I wasn't sure which was true.

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you directly compared the two? I listened to this comparison video and I hear a subtle difference, I would say a slight sweetening of the tone, fuller.

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up bidding on a ss3286lq yesterday and got it for a little over 600. I think this was a great deal and should be all I'll ever need being a mediocre hobbyist. I was tempted to bid on the pro one but this is less than half the price and for me should be great. I'll report back when I get it. I've been playing the Eastar sop so I'm thinking this will be a big step up. The Eastar is a very solid build and looks great but I struggle to get the palm keys and the notes above middle G don't sound that great to me (could all be me who knows).

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wood Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Font

Just got it! Very nice so far, feels solid. The high note speak much clearer and easier than the Eastar. Very happy with it.

Reactions: cleger

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I laid the two side by side and they look very much alike, must both be based on the same horn, the Antigua action feels nicer and the pads are firmer. My Eastar is surprisingly nice for the 160 bucks (half price) I paid for it. I think I will keep it for a travel horn. I'm all set on saxes, still trying to figure out my best reeds, seems that can take years! Right now the Plasticover 2.5 is my best playing but it is still hard to past the D palm so maybe I need a harder reed?

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome man! You got a great deal. Post up when you get it with your thoughts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts