Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aspirations to own a silver plated one. I’m waiting to hear more about them and see people play And try to play one myself. Obviously, save some money for one too! Any comments on them? I was looking at a Selmer 80 SA II Jubilee too but the 1 year warranty kind of rubs me the wrong way vs Yamaha’s 5 yr.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,005 Posts
Welcome to SotW.

Regarding warranties: Anything that is likely to break will fail in the first year. After that, it would more likely be the fault of the user and not covered by warranty. I suggest you buy the horn you want to play.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll probably get one with my dealer's disc. when I have the opportunity. Can't sax exactly how much it is, but still a very very hefty price. That said, I loved my 52 before I had to sell it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll probably get one with my dealer's disc. when I have the opportunity. Can't sax exactly how much it is, but still a very very hefty price. That said, I loved my 52 before I had to sell it.
Any idea when dealers will start receiving them? Is it possible to order one now? I’m not finding too much online about them other than the same marketing video and one by sax.co.uk. Also, only have found saxquest that lists the 82S.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Any idea when dealers will start receiving them? Is it possible to order one now? I’m not finding too much online about them other than the same marketing video and one by sax.co.uk. Also, only have found saxquest that lists the 82S.
A lot of Yamaha reps (us included) just placed our first order for new equipment since March of last year. I expect any dealer will be able to special order one, but be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks before it gets in. Every dealer will be able to order the silver edition too, I am just not positive about the wait time, and it honestly might vary store to store. $10,000 is a lot of capital to send to Yamaha to get an instrument, so they might expect full or at least half payment up-front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts