Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
If it says Made in Holland is probably a Schenkelaars.

This looks like one which they made by assembling pieces bought probably from Dorfler en Jorka ( rather more then Keilwerth, see the LH pinky table while indeed the RH pink keys are of a design which was common to Keilwerth and Dorfler en Jorka ).

Schenkelaars did all sorts of things, even produced their own saxophones , but they also assembled from parts bought from Keilwerth, from Dorfler en Jorka, then sold saxophones which were made entirely from Keilwerth ( generally baritones but also tenors, I have had a few of both), from Orsi and last and definitely the worst from Arta Guban Timisoara-Romania ( these are terrible!).

http://www.saxontheweb.net/Resource...ch&siteurl=www.saxontheweb.net/&ref=&ss=0j0j1

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
Although I have an Arta-Guban, silverplated, which is actually very, very respectable.

This one, though, is a Schenklaars as Milandro noted ...so the body is JK (which would make it D & J since the latter made the former's bodies, most of the keywork may be D & J or Schenklaars may have knocked off the keywork (the latter is possible because the key design strays from the JK-model at the pinky table, instad using a standard-style vintage table).

At the end of the day, this horn is a pretty good buy at that price, assuming it speaks up and down as the seller intimates. These can be good players, and they do possess that JK tone. Just not quite as quick in the keywork as a vintage JK.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
The Beautiful Luxor Arta Guban have nothing to do with their last production when they sold horns to Schenkelaars.

Those were the last Ceasescu days and I doubt that anything that was made back then in Romania was made with any great care.

Anyway, this is a late arta guban, look at the shape of the RH pinky keys and the way they too resemble Keilwerth-Dorfler Jorka keys... ( if you ever see a Schekelaars with this bell to body brace... run in the opposite direction)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts