Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just quit metal after being diagnosed with hypertension !

recently i heard a sax solo ...i really need info about it ...i think it's famous ...it's haunting me :) just wont leave my head.... i attached it ...

i need to know it's name ,performer ,genre ...etc

and since am new to sax music ...i need some recommendations for similar sax pieces ....classic ,jazz ...and so....

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
That is the theme music from the movie LOVE STORY, the title of the song being the same. It was written by Andy Williams.

No idea who the horn player is in this recording.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SAXISMYAXE said:
That is the theme music from the movie LOVE STORY, the title of the song being the same. It was written by Andy Williams.
thanks a lot ...

SAXISMYAXE said:
No idea who the horn player is in this recording.
no problem .... you know any good performer of it...

also any recommendations for similar style songs ? and other sax music to chill out with ... i am really newbie and i dont know what/who are the goodies to listen....

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
According to Allmusic.com the following artists have recorded it. ANd it was written by Francis Lai. So, I hope it's the right song (considering it's on all those 101 strings recordings its got to be the same song)

Gene Ammons
Flip Phillips
Boosts Randolph
Stan Kenton
Buddy Rich
Richard "Groove" Holmes
(The first 3 are sax players and the last 3 are band leaders who may have featured a sax). However, given how heavy the piano is in the mix and the "feel" of performance I would guess more along the lines of.

Richard Clayderman
Henry Mancini Orchestra
or Francis Lai

·
Registered
56 Posts
The piano sounds like the Stan Kenton style. All the times I heard him play he didn`t play a nice tinkley style but on the heavy side.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Swampcabbage said:
ANd it was written by Francis Lai.
You could be right. After I identified the song from hearing the sample, I looked it up on the internet, and the composition was attributed to singer Andy Williams on a couple of sites. Ah well.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
Get the Grover Washington Jr. "Winelight" album for some truly relaxing sax music.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Martinman said:
Get the Grover Washington Jr. "Winelight" album for some truly relaxing sax music.
I concur. Winelight is one of the easiest Grover albums to listen to IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts