Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow SOTWers,

Starting around July 19th, my family will be spending a month traveling from Poland west to Britain, with a significant portion of time being spent in Scotland, and perhaps a few days in the south of France before flying home in mid-August.

I'd love to find a jam or two to shape our travel itinerary around. If you know of anything happening in these parts near this time, please let me know.

Thanks greatly,

Dan

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,124 Posts
Too bad, in the summer season most session close down over here in Amsterdam (Bimhuis, Engelbewaarder). There's one i go to every once in a while, in a bar called Nel, another in the Old Quarter - not sure if they will be going on.

Reine

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Dan,

If you make it to Edinburgh, there is a normally a jam in The Jazz Bar http://www.thejazzbar.co.uk/ on Chambers Street on Tuesday evenings 9pm-midnight.

However if you're in Edinburgh in August, the Edinburgh Festivals and Fringe will be on and this sort of weekly event may get cancelled so that performance space can be used for some Fringe event.

The Edinburgh Jazz and Blue Festival is on Friday 30th July to Sunday 8th August, but the programme won't be announced for a couple of weeks yet.

Accommodation can also be very difficult during August due to all people coming to the Festivals and Fringe.

Flat Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts