Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too many ninos ( I have 5 of them) and I'm not really a collector. I have a Buescher SN 189833 keyed to high E (modification that's well done). Lacquered brass in excellent condition and plays perfectly. Just looking for expressions of interest before selling here or on flea bay. Pictures, sound clips etc. and further info available to those interested. Guess it's worth around $2000? Paul...are you there? Can you give me an idea of value? Cheers all....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul. I'd hoped that you would find this post. I'd already sent you pictures a long while ago as you were interested in seeing the high E key modification. Can send again if you like. Don't you have a Buescher in your collection? I'd really love to get some idea of what it's worth if you've been following the market. Maybe a student of yours would be interested?

Another question regarding these Buescher ninos: I've noted that the low Bb plays flat, and that the Low B also had that tendency. I've raised the Bb key so that the B is in tune, but don't think there's anything else I can do for Bb. Do you find the same thing? Otherwise the rest of the horn plays with excellent intonation. I tend to play the bottom of all saxes (probably to excess) but most players don't hang out there, so it's probably not a problem for others. The tone of the Buescher is beautifully buttery. There's little/no change in timbre with the octave change, which is also excellent. The high notes are clean and pop out beautifully. My R&C nino unfortunately has those two faults. High C, C# and D don't speak well and there is a change in timbre with the octaves. Still a great horn, but so is the Buescher if in the hands of someone who uses it appropriately.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Buescher nino is sold. It went to Roger Manins an outrageously good player...so glad. He's a monster Tenor player ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWBqcVI-qeo ) and smitten with the possibilities that he's opening up with the nino. Hopefully we will hear something from him in the future?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts