Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Me
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is hopefully not against the rules, but I though I'd point out this Martin/IBICo C-Melody recently listed on EBay, shipping to UK only. I'm always being asked "do you know of any C's for sale in the UK ?", well here's one !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Elkhart-Martin-C-Melody-Saxophone-/150618768805

I'm not selling it, but I know both the seller and the horn. It was recently beautifully cleaned up, and I think it was then overhauled by students on a sax repair course at a local college - under supervision, obviously - that's why the seller very honestly recommends a little "after attention".

But it plays well enough for the seller to (sadly but realistically) realise that he prefers his alto sound, we've exchanged quite a few emails, nice guy.

·
Registered
609 Posts
US?..... No this one is probably out of my price range anyways... I need a project horn for when I get my Martin that I can restore and cherish!

·
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, Wales is still in the UK... (I could be uncharitable and add "unfortunately")

Although after visits to Wales I've often thought that it'd be nice if someone could detach it from England, and graft it onto the East Coast of the US, maybe up around New Hampshire ? :mrgreen:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,715 Posts
No, Wales is still in the UK... (I could be uncharitable and add "unfortunately")

Although after visits to Wales I've often thought that it'd be nice if someone could detach it from England, and graft it onto the East Coast of the US, maybe up around New Hampshire ? :mrgreen:
Easy....ask the Irish to come over with their shovels, dig it off & row it away.
What have you against New Hampshire? Apart, perhaps from the accent...but it could be argued that it is less bad than the Welsh accent. :bluewink:

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Thanks for the tip, that does look pretty good, hmmm..

Where's this Wales, then?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,715 Posts
Not the horn for you cmelodysax....it does not have front F.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Columnist, Forum Con
3,801 Posts

Hells yes, we accept! :O)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sure, I'd take Wales. I liked almost everything I saw and everyone I met there. Did I go to the wrong places or something? (Almost: There was this little town made almost entirely of slate, where I had the worst Chinese food I've ever had in my life. Served with chips, of course! What was I thinking? That place was truly blighted, and not just because of the chinese food.)

·
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, went for £142, a steal for a working C-Mel this side of the pond... Hope the new owner plays it, and hasn't just bought it to sell on.

Did think of bidding myself, but didn't want to "step on anyone else's toes" from here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts