Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a couple of neck straps from a music shop in (I think) Marseille, France. But they don't ship to the US.

Looking for a friend that I can have them shipped to, and then who will ship them to me here in the US. I'll pay your shipping costs and a small stipend for the trouble.

Let me know if you want to help me out. Thanks.

This is the shop, btw: https://www.atelier-des-vents.com/

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,710 Posts
If the packet is over 3cm thick in France you will have to pay for it being a parcel and that is about 40 bucks.

If they are thin packets they can be shipped as a letter and its considerably less....A lot less....but not tracked or insured.
French mail is pretty good but their tracking process pretty much sucks.

French mail is very dependent upon thickness even more than weight.

It might be worth your while to have them shipped in two separate padded envelopes

I know the guys at that shop...they carried my pieces when I lived in the states. I guess I need to call them and tell them I am here. We sort of lost touch.

shoot me an email. I can probably help you out.

I think you need a mouthpiece with those straps :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll send you an email in the morning.

I haven't been able to find these neck straps anywhere else. They are the Labayle neck straps, which I have two of already, but need one for my soprano and baritone (when I eventually get one). I have been scouring the internet for months and can't find anywhere that has them, so I think they have been discontinued and these are likely old stock. This is the only shop that I have been able to find that has them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts