Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Approach note velocity printed version volum 1&2 that you don't need or use anymore? Thanks
 

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
Joined
·
6,395 Posts
Nefertiti said:
I have one I think!:D

I bet you do. :) At a very affordable price too. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve your killing me!!!!!!

I'm sure I will wind up getting it from you, but was just checking to see if anyone had one laying around they didn't need any longer. No doubt it is worth what your asking. But the question rewarded me with a bonus. In looking at the posts, found some more great sax sites. Thanks Guys.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, & Forum Contributor 200
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
These approach notes are well worth it.

Why would you want to buy it second hand, not that anyone would want to give it up anyway.? They are very reasonably priced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because

I'll ignore the second hand question as I thought it to be evident in a vain attempt to save a few dollars if someone had one not needed any longer. By the time I Print the pdf, I figure the ink cartridge will cost the same to replace. As I said before, there is no doubt Steve's book is worth every penny, was just trying to save $. (Old school mentality I guess)
 

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
3,295 Posts
You could just print out pages as needed and save the money over time. Or, read it off the computer and have a reason to commit it to memory faster.
 

·
SOTW Administrator
Joined
·
26,207 Posts
Swampcabbage said:
You could just print out pages as needed and save the money over time. Or, read it off the computer and have a reason to commit it to memory faster.
...or you can reprint a page after it gets yellow with age, coffee, or gets rained on.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
Joined
·
4,567 Posts
Desax said:
I'll ignore the second hand question as I thought it to be evident in a vain attempt to save a few dollars if someone had one not needed any longer. By the time I Print the pdf, I figure the ink cartridge will cost the same to replace. As I said before, there is no doubt Steve's book is worth every penny, was just trying to save $. (Old school mentality I guess)


This is why Musicians Have it so tough. We don't even support our own!!!

Get that crowbar out and buy Steves book from Steve!!!

Amazing
 

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
23,019 Posts
sonnymobleytrane said:
This is why Musicians Have it so tough. We don't even support our own!!!

Get that crowbar out and buy Steves book from Steve!!!

Amazing
I'll second that!! How much are you going to save Desax, $2? Come on. I can't imagine how many hours Nef put in on this stuff. And he's selling it for pocket change. Hey anybody got some second-hand shoelaces for sale?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Yeah, don't forget - authors don't get a cent for re-sale. In fact, while it IS (of course) legal, authors do tend to be a little touchy about losing sales to re-sales, ESPECIALLY when you go looking for a used book deal on a forum the author frequents!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What a can of worms!

Quit busting my chops guys. Everyone of you try to get the reeds you like at the best price so what is the difference in me trying to get a book that possibly someone purchased and didn't bother with or maybe wasn't to their liking. I've already said there is no doubt Steve's Book is worth every penny he invested in it and Steve, didn't intend on offending you and apologize if I did. Also, stated I would get it from him if one didn't show up. Long live the Sax players, and the diversity of their opinions!
 

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
12,796 Posts
No problem Desax. I understand when money is tight believe me! I was waiting to see if someone would sell you one because they mastered everything in it. I wrote the darn thing and I'm still trying to get these things under my fingers like I need to. :shock: Once you get them down in one key then the challenge is being able to use them over chord changes at a fast tempo...........
 

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
Joined
·
10,794 Posts
Come on guys, he's new and he's from Tennessee! Y'know, Memphis and Nashville are there!

We can't beat up newbies, their intentions are sincere and trusting. Look at what we've done now!

Steve's in business, of course. Maybe we can get some kind of a group rate if we get the proposed orders up to an acceptable level for him? I dunno.

Hey Steve, you got anything I might want to buy? I'll drive up to you and save on shipping! Just warn the local Constable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Steve, that is my goal

Though I like to think (don't we all?) I have talent, after playing now for 38 years, I was intrigued by what I read on your site. That was the purpose to which you responded. To get better and faster, and the wording in which you used to address the issues you covered in the description of both volumes 1 & 2 intrigued me,,, sounds like exactly what I was looking for. Regards
 

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
23,019 Posts
Nefertiti said:
I was waiting to see if someone would sell you one because they mastered everything in it. I wrote the darn thing and I'm still trying to get these things under my fingers like I need to. :shock: Once you get them down in one key then the challenge is being able to use them over chord changes at a fast tempo...........
LOL, hey good point! It's gonna take me a LONG time. Sorry if I sounded harsh Desax. I wrote a book a few years ago (on kayaking, not sax, but the principle still applies) and I get maybe a dollar or two for each copy sold. So I'm kinda sensitive on the topic.
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
3,312 Posts
Steve 's book IIVI Best Pattern Book

I also sented money today for Steve's book!
I think that personaly I wanted the book from the mail,intead of prining it out of the inernet!
Looking foward to work and play with his book!
Also Steve is a great communicator,,fast responses with emails!
All the best ,
Saxobari
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top