Sax on the Web Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Do you know what I just cannot understand.? Is how do you sans expect to get $2500 by showing only 4 absolutely lousy far away, unfocused pictures. Not to mention All four pics are almost the exact same angle and part of the horn. Oh well I wish him the best and his cell

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
:eek::eek::eek:Oops. Lol I meant to type ”I wish him the best in his sale!” Lmao.... not cell hopefully lol. We dont want to up there haha.
good ole talk to text

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
gee wiz. I must be drunk already. Upon further inspection, this too is also a New York series. So I’m afraid this is the one that everyone here has been saying has not been a great horn to them is that correct?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had several different Guardala tenors and I can say that the black nickel saxophone had the worst sound.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ok thanks man. I guess it’s time to close the door on that idea. What should I pursue next. I loved the custom zii that I tested but at $5400 for the black lacquer. Nope

p Mauriat caught my attention. I think there black model is called 500BX or something like that. still pricie at around $3600-$4000

youknow what I’ve heard nothing but stellar reviews about Kessler custom horns. They have a gorgeous black nickel and I believe it’s probably well less than $2000.
what do you all think.

i apologize about my closed mindedness to being black but hey. You know what they say lol.

🤫

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,215 Posts
Honestly, if that's a made-in-Germany (B&S) Guardala NY, then that's an excellent price for that instrument. It looks very similar to my alto, so I think it is indeed German. It would be worth asking the seller before buying, it will say "made in Germany" on the body if it's B&S. I honestly believe these are some of the best saxophones ever made, and I'm a very spoiled, picky, and lucky boy.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Another good easy sign of identifying a German Guardala is the sharp edges on the keyguards almost like on the old B&S Blue Label or Weltklang.
Key Guards.JPG

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Ok thanks man. I guess it’s time to close the door on that idea. What should I pursue next. I loved the custom zii that I tested but at $5400 for the black lacquer. Nope

p Mauriat caught my attention. I think there black model is called 500BX or something like that. still pricie at around $3600-$4000

youknow what I’ve heard nothing but stellar reviews about Kessler custom horns. They have a gorgeous black nickel and I believe it’s probably well less than $2000.
what do you all think.

i apologize about my closed mindedness to being black but hey. You know what they say lol.

🤫
If you just want a black nickel horn there's an black nickel w/ silver plated keys Eastman for sale in the marketplace right now for $1350. You just need to get to 50 posts to have marketplace privileges.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Excellent find Kieth. I believe I just got access as I surpassed the 50 post limit. Now let me see if I can find it. Thanks for sharing that with me

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

Enjoy....
Well apparently I was wrong, I still have a few more posts to go before I have access to the marketplace. I’m hoping once I hit the allotted amount of posts that they will let me know so I can browse that section just like eyebrows every other classifieds daily

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Yeah - I believe 50 is the magic number. Meanwhile it's SOTW member catshifi who posted the Eastman. You should be able to send him a private message about it if you are really interested. The original ad was placed about a month ago so it's not like you'd be scooping anyone on the thing at this point if it's even still available.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,998 Posts
Well apparently I was wrong, I still have a few more posts to go before I have access to the marketplace. I’m hoping once I hit the allotted amount of posts that they will let me know so I can browse that section just like eyebrows every other classifieds daily
No, you will need to contact a moderator to request access to the Classifieds. G’luck and enjoy!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts