Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Nashville New and Used and played one of the altos. It was solid. Played fine in all registers, although I didn't get to put it up to a tuner. It was a beautiful horn too. I also got the chance to play a Buescher (not sure which model, but vintage) and a The Martin Imperial. I liked the sound of the Martin's upper register better, but it had problems in the lower register so I couldn't really evaluate that. However I would have picked The Bird over the Buescher. Maybe if they get a soprano in...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would really avoid "The Bird" saxophones. I think Nashville Used is the only place that sells them. I have seen a few around used (not new) and they are not that great. I would save your money.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,484 Posts
"The Bird". Never heard of that brand. Can you tell us more? B

·
Registered
260 Posts
I believe that it is a private label for the store Nashville New and Used Music. I am not sure what company actually makes them, but I am sure that they are made in either China or Taiwan.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that it is a private label for the store Nashville New and Used Music. I am not sure what company actually makes them, but I am sure that they are made in either China or Taiwan.
They are made in Taiwan, in a factory literally right next to Cannonball. The same workers work on the saxes. This was not told to me by the guy working at Nashville N&U. I've heard this from a close friend of mine who plays one, and another friend who plays a Cannonball.
Now, there were a lower grade student brand The Bird saxes, and the guy working there told me to avoid those. The good ones are the intermediate and pro ones they sell.

That's all I know about them.
My experience with the Alto was a good one. Like I said, solid. Another sax player in the store complimented my tone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a silver pro
Bird. Lol I snatched one up while I was passing through at that main music store. I was going to buy a cannonball but the guy said the bird is cheaper and plays better. He was right! The only thig that sux is the pads are trash, but the tone is unbelievable. i dont remember how much i paid for it maybe 1500. Im happy with it and I cut for birds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts