Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Contributor 2010
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience or knowledge of these folks?

Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,064 Posts
I've done a few deals with Brian including purchases and trades--very friendly and honest--
highly recommended to anyone who might do business with him.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've also done business with Brian and I couldn't be happier with the transactions. He was always prompt in responding to my emails and his descriptions of the horns I bought from him were detailed thorough and, most importantly, accurate. He also took the time and effort to pack my horns very securely and to ship them quickly.
I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another horn from him.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd also like to put in a good word for Brian, a stand-up guy to deal with who I wouldn't hesitate to do business with again.

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,316 Posts
I do a lot of repair work for Brian.

I have been approached in the past by sax dealers looking to have me do work for them. It never worked out, always for the same reason- "a repad?? can't you just float those so I can sell it?" Brian is the first individual to come along that really cares about the horns- he wants them to be right. He wants them to play like they can. He wants people to try a horn he has for sale and realize that this is how a sax should play. And he has an eye for beautiful horns. I have worked on a very large number of vintage and professional saxophones, and the longer I work with Brian the more of the top percentile of the horns I have ever seen is occupied by instruments (and more recently mouthpieces, although I do not work on those) he brings me. We frequently talk on the phone and geek out about saxophone stuff- even little stuff like old neckstraps, catalogs, set lists left in old cases.

I feel lucky to work with a principled individual who brings me such beautiful horns.

I enjoy working with him. He is honest, straightforward, and he truly loves saxophones.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'd like to add a +1 here: not only was Brian super efficient and communicative in a recent mouthpiece transaction, but in the course of it was quite generous with his thoughts/perceptions about mouthpieces and refacing, etc. sometimes you can just tell a person is doing what they're doing for the right reasons....that's how I felt about Brian.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Contributor 2010
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is all great to hear. Thanks to you all!

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2015-2016
2,669 Posts
I just dealt with Brian over the last few weeks. I bought an older yts 62 tenor from him.He was incredibly nice to me and honest.When I got the sax at first I was unhappy with how it played .So he allowed me to return it and then later I decided to have him get it repadded and ship it back.When I initially played it I could tell that with a fresh set of pads it would be a beast.He actually shared the cost of a repad with me and tested it personally to make sure it was playing great.He also allowed me to trade in a few vintage mouthpieces on the horn that I wasnt using which was really cool that he gave me fair prices for them.He will respond right away to your emails and treat you great.I would not hesitate to buy anything from getasax.com .matt stohrer did the repad and now the horn plays great!! its a screamer and I am very happy with it.I will recommend doing business with a person like Brian to all my friends. I have done plenty of business with all types of dealers that didnt care if the customer is happy.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,331 Posts
Allo everyone.
I would like to add my review on GetASax.com with Brian...
Thursday morning I received my soprano Yamaha 62 Purple Lable serial number is 38XX, it is just a FANTASTIC horn!
I had the pleasure to meet Brian before Christmas here on SOTW,and he was just absolutely the greatest to deal with!
The horn came to my home super well packed,and even the keys were most of them protected with some angle corks to make the trip safer! Also Brian had the horn repaded by Matt Stohrer before sending me the horn to Canada,imagine now how well this baby plays!!! Today "Ill have more time to spend playing on it too.
I highly recommend Brian (GetASax.com) to anyone here,he s a great guy to deal with!
Great communication through all the transaction until it is delivered to your home!
So I am very happy to be a new owner on that fabulous 62 Yamaha Purple Lable!
Thanks again Brian for all,I really apreaciate everything you did for me!
My best regards from Ontario,Canada
Mario

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,216 Posts
I bought a great relac Zephyr 299xxx tenor from Brian.
Very pleasant transaction and very happy with purchase.
Highly recommended.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,120 Posts
My experience with Brian was great. He was very communicative, even arranging thru Saxquest for a case for the tenor I bought - a gold Deco Conn that was 100% as advertised.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Both my alto and my tenor came from Brian, and the alto was done by Matt Stohrer. Both of these guys are fantastic and I would work with them both again without hesitation.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Knowledgeable and Honest!!! When doing business over the net, these atributes are essential to a successfull transaction!!!
Brian is one of the BEST!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just finished up a deal and could not be happier dealing with Getasax.com. Brian is very helpful and knows his stuff.
I will always deal with Brian first on anything sax related from here on out.
Definitely the good guys!

Thank you Brian and Matt!!!!

-Greg

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,836 Posts
My experiences with getasax.com have been absolutely outstanding. Fantastic communication, friendly service, patience, knowledge, all the things you want. Plus he has great products!

The highest recommendation to Brian and Getasax.com, without hesitation.

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just received my new (to me) tenor from Brian and Matt - it's everything Brian promised. And the setup by Matt is first rate - even after travelling across the country. The communication and assistance was right on, timely and to the point. Awesome turnaround time as well. I will be doing business with getasax.com in the future - as stated before, great products and great service. Can't recommend getasax.com highly enough. Thanks guys.

- Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently got a used Yanagisawa 992 curved soprano from Brian. The instrument was exactly as described, and played very well. As mentioned before - reputation is everything when doing business on the net. Based on the good reviews here, I trusted my money to Brian, and I was not disappointed. I'm very pleased with the purchase, and will agree - Brian is one of the good guys.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts