Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into using a Gator Tenor Sax Gig Bag for my Alto Clarinet. Anybody have one or used one? Would like some general feedback...or better ideas!

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,850 Posts
bass9396 said:
Looking into using a Gator Tenor Sax Gig Bag for my Alto Clarinet. Anybody have one or used one? Would like some general feedback...or better ideas!

Thanks
:shock: :shock: :shock: Wheeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock:

Not a very good idea. There is nothing to protect it from doors, chairs, floors, other cases, other furniture...

Gig bags are not good protection, :shock: think of them as fitted dust covers, or retirement policies for repair men.

Try a real case or an alto sax case with the interior gutted and rebuilt to protect and support the instrument.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Use the regular Gator formed case. It's as light or lighter than some gig bags even, offers adequate protection for normal use. and is a versatile bag.

...and you can always do an advanced search :D of "Gator" for a lot of information.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Gary. I was hoping to have a soft bag to lay the horn down in and then wrap it in a towel or some kind of cloth. Being that it's an Alto Clarinet I was planning on leaving the bell on and keeping the neck in the bell or in the side pocket. Whaddaya think?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
Try the Gator GL. Its a hard shell covered with foam and fabric. Sturdy zippers and plenty of pockets, Plenty sturdy for daily use and light weight.
Around $70.OO at several vendors (Weiner, WWBW, etc.) I bought one. It's a good deal. www.gatorbags.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts