Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this on ebay with a rubber tenor Berg, It's a great lig but I'd never seen one before. I've since seen a couple of similar ones on ebay. Does anybody know who made them and when?

·
Registered
706 Posts
yes, surely looks like a selmer that I traded in the past fewdays.. mine was silver plated..
doen't it have any inscriptions??

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, no markings of any kind. It's just plain lacquered brass. It interested me almost as much as the mouthpiece. I was expecting something flimsy but it's beautifully made and works really well. If they were made or used on Selmers there must be quite a few around abandoned for more streamlined, and easier to grip, modern styles.

·
Registered
706 Posts
these were only (at least this is what I have seen) on early ebonite or wooden selmers (mine came with a wooden piece) so I don't think they would fit a streamlined piece . This would happen only if you found a soprano lig and fit it on a tenor streamlined piece

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I guess that nails it. After being pointed in the right direction I compared it to an oldish 2 screw selmer alto lig and the cut-outs and general shape are identical.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,120 Posts
Years ago I had a clarinet one similar to this one and the problem was that the screw would bump my chin as the clarinet is tilted more than a saxophone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts