Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is there anybody using this auto-wah effect? I'd be interested into what configuration works best for you. Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I know the effect I own one. I use it but I was wondering what configurations other saxophonists use as there are too many options. Q-tron is simpler yes. I just got this one for an amazing deal so that's why I am using it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have it. I can check the settings I use tomorrow. But the settings all depends on what you put in to it. Mic, preamp, converter etc. I find it a bit hard to get to sound good. The sweaps also thend to have huge peaks. Sounds awesome before a tube amp with bass or gtr, not so god with Sax direct to PA.

I also have the Mxr m82 and it sounds much better in my opinion. Both on bass and sax.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man! Please post an image or whatever so I can see the settings. I'll check mxr m82 cos I have a same feeling about those huge peaks you're talking about.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks man! Please post an image or whatever so I can see the settings. I'll check mxr m82 cos I have a same feeling about those huge peaks you're talking about.
Sorry I was wrong. I don’t have the Riddle. I have to Enigma Q Balls.
Gadget Technology Video game accessory Gas Font

The blend is full wet, because I use a “Eventide Mixing Link” as an insert point for Fx pedals and use all fx on full wet and do the blending on the eventide.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I was wrong. I don’t have the Riddle. I have to Enigma Q Balls.
View attachment 214744

The blend is full wet, because I use a “Eventide Mixing Link” as an insert point for Fx pedals and use all fx on full wet and do the blending on the eventide.
Thanks man. I'll google around the differences beween riddle and enigma and see what happens when I use similar settings.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I use a “Eventide Mixing Link” as an insert point for Fx pedals and use all fx on full wet and do the blending on the eventide.
How do you like your Mixing Link, saftaffe? I've been using a TC pedal to get a mic into my signal chain, but sometimes run into impedence issues, so have been looking for a better solution.

The Radial Voco-Loco looks good too, but it's twice the size of the Mixing Link, and I'm loathe to give up the space on my pedal board. Maybe there are some other new compact options out there similar to the Mixing Link?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but zoot, mixing link is very versatile, for me anyway, since I can use it to run mic for the horn and 1/4 in for my guitar and out to both guitar amp and PA. I use the same fx chain for both, with some tweaking of course to suit the instrument in use.
I also have the voco loco, I like it too, but right now is unused when I got the mxng link.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Thanks for the 411, arkinet! And it was me who hijacked the thread, but since the subject came up in the last post and no one else has replied in over a year, it seemed legit.

Yeah, I was fully intending to get a Voco Loco since it's cheaper and made here in Canada. But it's like three times the size of the Mixing Link, and I'm trying to shoehorn my new midi hub into my pedalboard, so every cm counts. Assuming that the Mixing Link balances impedances just like the Voco Loco, I'll likely go that route.

Now if only it would go on sale somewhere for Black Friday. . . .

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Well I found a Mixing Link on Black Friday sale, so grabbed it. Probably shouldn't have, but I did experience an impedance mismatch at a recent gig that nearly ruined the song. Hopefully this small preamp will fix that problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts