Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got one (silver plate, LH bell keys, beveled toneholes), and its been sitting for a while and I haven't had the chance to overhaul it, and my curiosity is killing me. Anybody have one? How do they play? How is intonation? What mouthpiece do you use? Anyone who has any info to help me pass the time until I finish my current glut of customer repairs so I can do a horn of my own, let me know what you think of your series II and it will be much appreciated!

A picture of mine (unplayable as of yet but still pretty) is on the entry page of my website here: www.stohrerwoodwinds.com

More info on the series II is here: http://www.saxpics.com/keilwerth/newking.htm

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2010
1,159 Posts
I have an alto and a tenor currently with my repairer (tenor for a full overhaul and alto for a partial one). Both are in top physical and cosmetic condition so I have high hopes. I am promised them back in about a month. I have never had anything back on time before, but you never know.... I'll post my appraisal and my repairer's as soon as they are done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts