Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering about this, since Cannonball provides these silver plate underslug necks together with all their horns nowadays, there should be a few out there unused and for sale and I thought they might be used on my Super 20 single socket....or can they? Any experiences there? Any idea of the prices?

Discussion Starter #2
I would be interested to buy one........

Banned
I have access to several "Fat Necks" in our store. If you will send me the I.D. of your neck receiver (or the O.D. of the tenon of a neck that fits), I can see if the size is close enough to match your Super 20. I can check the prices of new ones as well.

John

Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JBTsax!:)

I've got it to 27mm (approx) I think that is 1" and 1/4.
This is the external diameter of the tenon that fits.

I understand that it loosely fits, I don't know if it also plays.

Banned
The Cannonball Fat neck for tenor measures 27.80 mm. If yours is 27 mm that would require a great amount of shrinking to make it fit. If there is any way you can get a dial caliper and measure the inside diameter of the body receiver, that would give a better idea if it is a possible fit. Measure E - W and then N - S and figure the average if it is not perfectly round. A new Fat Neck is going to cost over $300, which might make it a moot point anyway.

John

Discussion Starter #8
Thank you ever so much JBTSAX, mmmmmmmm , Yes I guess it is probably the only alternative to an original neck, is a Gloger, for 300 dollars you get a silver plate neck not a silver neckand then you have to have it adapted......mumble, mumble, mumble

Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
milandro said:
... for 300 dollars you get a silver plate neck not a silver neck...
Oh... probably not worth it then. You know... have you thought of contacting King? They're still around in some shape or form, aren't they? Never know what they might be able to procure.

Discussion Starter #10
You know Grumps, it is actually a very good Idea! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts