Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
481 Posts
Looks similar to Dos Allen's Aidu ligature.

https://www.blueridgehorns.com/shop/

I have a bare brass Aidu which I use with my Reso Chamber. Works nicely - for me, it blows a bit more freely than a 2 screw lig. The problem with these ligatures is that you need a good fit with the mouthpiece or else the ligature is too low or too high - they are not adjustable. I have two other pieces that are very close to the Reso in size, but for each of them this ligature sits a bit further down on the reed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
I use aJJ ring lig, but on a JJ DV. Slip on- slip off. It’s like it was made for it....but then I guess it was...

I’m in the camp that believes ligs do nothing more than hold the reed in place. Ring ligs are simple and unlikely to break. Win win.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,785 Posts
I use aJJ ring lig, but on a JJ DV. Slip on- slip off. It’s like it was made for it....but then I guess it was...

I’m in the camp that believes ligs do nothing more than hold the reed in place. Ring ligs are simple and unlikely to break. Win win.
The problem I have with ring ligs is that I like to adjust my ligature depending on the reed. I'm always moving it up or down depending on how the reed is responding. With a ring lig you can't do that.........

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
The problem I have with ring ligs is that I like to adjust my ligature depending on the reed. I'm always moving it up or down depending on how the reed is responding. With a ring lig you can't do that.........
I think I had already switched to synthetics by the time I discovered ring ligs...

...everything works the same way all the time.

The only real problem I have is that when I suck, I can’t blame it on my setup. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts