Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see much info or comments anymore. I have a Vigilante NYSV tenor mpc I got a few months ago, I saw it on ebay and picked it up for a good price.

Well I finally got a funk band big stage gig that called for a power mpc. I know I had formed a pretty good opinion of the mpc, but I'd been playing mostly smaller venues, so I had never really put the pedal to the metal on my Vig.

Simply put it's great, the more pushed the better it gets, alt notes with such clarity and ease. I don't see myself selling this one anytime soon.

I'd be interested to hear your experiences with a Vig good bad or otherwise.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
8,090 Posts
Sounds like it plays like a good Guardala - basically no speed limit. The harder you play, the more instant gratification you get. I guess you know Jennifer worked for Dave Guardala in NY and did a lot of the hand-finishing. If anything happened to one of my Guardalas I would definitely get with Jennifer.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I am one. I just lured an alto player into the alley between sets and plugged him. Dude couldn't play for $h**, man. One less lousy sax player to menace society.
On my way to the next night club.

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Schlock, I remember way back when that sh*t was real.

Don't get up onstage if you can't play. They did not like it. Nothing to do with mpcs.

But they would def mess you up.

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like it plays like a good Guardala - basically no speed limit. The harder you play, the more instant gratification you get. I guess you know Jennifer worked for Dave Guardala in NY and did a lot of the hand-finishing. If anything happened to one of my Guardalas I would definitely get with Jennifer.
Saxman I wish we were closer, I'd be happy to have you try it out..I know you know DG's..I would love your feedback too. Thanks for the response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts