Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about upgrading from a YBS-62....suggestions?
 

·
SOTW Administrator
Joined
·
26,208 Posts
Upgrade to what? YBS-62 is a pro horn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
A Ybs-62 is one of the best bari's made today. It is a great horn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hakukani said:
Upgrade to what? YBS-62 is a pro horn.
well, it IS great, but some people I talk to say the some selmers, or yanis play better...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
Well of course everyone has their preferences...if it's working for you then no need to change...

So get back to practicing!!

jk :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CountSpatula said:
Well of course everyone has their preferences...if it's working for you then no need to change...

So get back to practicing!!

jk :)
heh, I'd like to practice, It hurts when you sprain a finger....:|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
Well, that ruins the plan of honking out low A's to wake up the neighbor this late at night :( well for me it's kind of late...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CountSpatula said:
Well, that ruins the plan of honking out low A's to wake up the neighbor this late at night :( well for me it's kind of late...
heh, my neighbors are all retired war veterans(and wives) who turn their hearing aids off at night
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
Joined
·
3,860 Posts
You really ought to look into a Keilwerth SX90.
After that I would say a Selmer Series II or a Rampone R1 jazz. It all depends on what kind of sound you are going for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nefertiti said:
Cool name. I had a friend who called me that in college. the "Neffinator". I like it.
Thanks, I couldn't think of anything better to do with my last name :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Randall said:
You really ought to look into a Keilwerth SX90.
After that I would say a Selmer Series II or a Rampone R1 jazz. It all depends on what kind of sound you are going for.
The selmers have always interested me, but i'm too poor right now to afford one...haha...
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
Joined
·
3,860 Posts
Ok then, I have the perfect and cost effective solution...the Antigua bari.
It is a perfect Series II knock off and plays like a dream.

I honestly regretted paying for my custom ordered Keilwerth after playing that bari..the Jk was 3 times the price of the Antigua and the Antigua played just as good if not better than my SX90R. It wasn't something I wanted to admit.

You can land one for around 3k and some change. Very reasonable. IMO, the very best buy out there on a new bari today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Randall said:
Ok then, I have the perfect and cost effective solution...the Antigua bari.
It is a perfect Series II knock off and plays like a dream.

I honestly regretted paying for my custom ordered Keilwerth after playing that bari..the Jk was 3 times the price of the Antigua and the Antigua played just as good if not better than my SX90R. It wasn't something I wanted to admit.

You can land one for around 3k and some change. Very reasonable. IMO, the very best buy out there on a new bari today.
I'll look into that, thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
I dont know what to suggest unless you can tell us your price range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hotspur said:
I dont know what to suggest unless you can tell us your price range.
thats not really an issue, I can work till I get the money I need, i'm patient...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,549 Posts
I played a Yani 901 baritone at USA horn and it was AWESOME!!!!!The feel and action was very similar to my Selmer super action series I baritone but it had a drier(less overtones{hard to explain-it didn't have that selmer sound which ,though I like my bari's sound, isn't a bad thing}) sound. I liked the tone.Real Nice sax for only $4500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sycc said:
I played a Yani 901 baritone at USA horn and it was AWESOME!!!!!The feel and action was very similar to my Selmer super action series I baritone but it had a drier(less overtones{hard to explain-it didn't have that selmer sound which ,though I like my bari's sound, isn't a bad thing}) sound. I liked the tone.Real Nice sax for only $4500.
thanks...I'll add it to my list....
 

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Neffinator-you haven't stated what's wrong with the 62. Are you sure you just don't have GAS?
 

·
Forum Contributor 2016, The official SOTW Little S
Joined
·
5,472 Posts
I don't think much more can get better than a YBS 62. I'm content playing on a YBS 52--I wouldn't want to change it for anything!
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top