Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any good teachers in the Charlotte, NC area? I am getting 'saxed up' again after a 25 year layoff. While I don't need instructions on music theory - I definitely need help on technique and tone.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey dwilliams,

I live in Concord (just north of Charlotte), and, like you, I am getting back into playing after a looooooong time. What kind of music do you play? What horn? I'm thinking about trying to find some others to try to play some tunes sometime. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Banned
301 Posts
dwilliams131 said:
Anybody know of any good teachers in the Charlotte, NC area? I am getting 'saxed up' again after a 25 year layoff. While I don't need instructions on music theory - I definitely need help on technique and tone.
Same here. I live in Durham, NC and I found a great teacher at "Music & Arts." You might check and see if they have store near you.
Andy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tim Gordon ... nice guy, great player & teacher ... don't have contact info but he's probably in the book, is also part-time faculty at Winthrop U and you might be able to find contact info at the Winthrop School of Music.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts