Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I live in Vancouver, Canada, and plan to visit Seattle later this summer to buy a new saxophone. Is there any shop that has a good selection of new horns? I am interested in Yamahas and Yanis, by the way.

Thank you.

NewbieSaxophonist

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Why would you not buy in Vancouver? Massullo Music in Burnaby stocks Yani's and Ward/Long and Mcquade on Hastings has plenty of Yamahas in stock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
littlemanbighorn said:
Why would you not buy in Vancouver? Massullo Music in Burnaby stocks Yani's and Ward/Long and Mcquade on Hastings has plenty of Yamahas in stock.
When I went to some other stores in Vancouver, they didn't have many saxes and their prices seemed higher than those in the US:cry: I will check out those stores you mentioned this weekend, though.

Thank you.

NewbieSaxophonist

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I don't know of any great shops around here for new instruments, compared to what I've heard about some other places. Probably your best bet is to call one of the chain stores in this area, Kennelly Keys or Mills Music. They can check their other branches at the same time.

I know Kennelly Keys main store in Lynnwood has a bunch of horns on display.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,035 Posts
If your schedule would permit a trip, you might call Beacock Music in Vancouver, Washington (just across the river from Portland). I was there last week and they had, as I recall, new Ref 54, Ref 36, Yani T991, YTS875ex, Selmer III.

You might give them a call and see whether what they have is worth the trip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the information. When I plan my trip I will call Beacock Music to see if they have what I am interested in.

NewbieSaxophonist

·
Registered
391 Posts
If you are going to Seattle anyway, plan to stop and spend an hour or two with Sarge of Worldwide Sax. VERY worthwhile.

WARNING - you will likely walk away with a GREAT vintage sax

Note, though, that the only new saxes that he sells are the Steve Goodson saxes.

W.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts