Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Reduta is great. That is where Bill Clinton played with Vaclav Havel, for what it is worth.

It's been a long time since I've been to Prague, but it is a great city....very beautiful and easily walkable. I don't recall the names of specific restaurants but you should not have a hard time finding good food.

Good luck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Reduta is a classic and famous place, for sure. Definitely worth a glance (last week there was a Coltrane tribute, for example).
But Agharta would be my first choice.
On the docks, there are also very nice concerts, still jazz.

You will also find a lot of restaurants offering music by night (or all day long), just wander through the old town and keep your ears and eyes opened... :)

For classical music, it's just everywhere, from the Castle area down to Narodni Divadlo, pick your poison ! :D

And about visiting things... sorry, there are too many interesting places to make a coherent list. If it is your first time, you can't really avoid the Castle, the cathedral, the John Lennon wall, Karluv's bridge, the Jewish ghetto, the main square, Namesty republicky (Art deco buildings), and Wenceslas square (you can do all that in that order, by walking, in one day but without visiting any specific building...).

That would give you the essentials. Then everything would still be to do...

Prague, best city in the world... at least to me ! :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mmmh, forbot about restaurants... there are too many and I don't usually recall their names... but if you like beer, I know two nice breweries/restaurants : U Fleku (dark beer) and U Medvidku.

They are historical (and very old) breweries.

And of course, they offer the traditional Czech food package with their own beer (try to mix dark beer and Becherovka if you want... but I won't take responsibility if funny stuff happens after the first two drinks).

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Saw a nice US blues-jazz artist at Reduta. Easy in, easy out. Its on the main drag, walking distance from the Sheraton (which was pleasantly bohemian in more ways that one), and such. Don't describe their products and exchange as cheap, but things cost much less there. Great traditional beer which they are proud of. We ran into Crispin Glover of all folks in the airport. Found out he lives near there much of the year. There is majesty from their more notable periods in history, and there is a lot of soviet influence evident as well. Enchanting city, people, and country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts