21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I bought one last Friday in Ottawa.
So far,I really like it.
Even performed last Sunday with it.
Has great projection,and always ready to play..
I have two soprano mpcs,one Selmer S80 G and one Selmer Scroll Shank .70
The Scroll shank plays a bit darker and more focus,so definitely it does work nicely on it.
The one that i bought is a Legere Signature 2
All the best
Saxobari

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,269 Posts
I’ve been using Signature 2 1/2 on my Link Soprano mouthpiece for over a year with excellent results.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician, Forum Contributor 2
1,760 Posts
Me too :)
I've been playing Legere Signature 3.5 on soprano for a couple of years and I'm very happy them. I play on open chamber pieces with small-ish tip openings in both classical and jazz settings.
I have had to rework a few with 400 grit abrasive paper on the top of the reed to get them to equivalent strength. They are fairly consistent, but I've got a few that were slightly harder than optimal strength for my setup.

·
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’ve been using Signature 2 1/2 on my Link Soprano mouthpiece for over a year with excellent results.
Hi A Greene
Thanks for the reply.
Do you do rotation with a few ones?
Or how long do they last compare to a regular reeds.?
All the best
Mario

·
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Me too :)
I've been playing Legere Signature 3.5 on soprano for a couple of years and I'm very happy them. I play on open chamber pieces with small-ish tip openings in both classical and jazz settings.
I have had to rework a few with 400 grit abrasive paper on the top of the reed to get them to equivalent strength. They are fairly consistent, but I've got a few that were slightly harder than optimal strength for my setup.
Allo Jorns
Oh,really 3.5 strength!

I always used softer reeds on all my saxes.
And i was told to go with a number 2 if i use like the same of cane reeds.
Maybe i ll ask my friend to send me a Legere 2 and a half next.
Soo far i like the result of the number 2 but could go up half ,or 1 up in strenght.
Thanks
Mario

21 - 25 of 25 Posts